Professional awards are a great way of getting your name out there.
Whether you are an employee or a business, the process of completing an award entry is also an extremely useful exercise, it gives you the opportunity to reflect on your achievements. It is not until we consider and write about ourselves or our business, we can truly reflect on our success.
These awards are about recognising and rewarding the work of Paralegals and firms that support the industry.
In this article, we share some good reasons why you should enter awards, tips on writing your winning entry and how to get the most from being a finalist or winning an award.
If you get shortlisted or win an award you gain:
- Credibility – an award externally validates your work. It can improve your career prospects and your business.
- PR opportunities which will help to build your reputation.
- New business opportunities. Companies and clients like to work with award winning businesses and individuals.
- A chance to celebrate and to share the news with existing clients and staff.
What you need to consider:
- Read the categories carefully to check if you fit the criteria.
- Read the application process and form and give the judges exactly what they are asking for.
Generally, you would include:
- Details of how your journey began and what professional accreditation’s, memberships and qualifications you hold.
- Details of how you support your clients and how you work with your team.
- What objectives and targets have you achieved?
- Share outcomes of great work.
- Add evidence to your entry including client testimonials, team testimonials and anything else you feel would strengthen your entry to the judging panel. For example, a great case study.
When completing ensure you do the following
- Make sure you check and double check the spellings and grammar.
- Ideally use bullet points rather than write long paragraphs and stick to any word count.
- Support your application with facts about your business and achievements with clear evidence.
- Tell your STORY to the judges – ensure this comes across with passion and is easy and interesting to read.
- Check the terms and conditions of entry.
- Make sure you get someone to read through and check your entry before submitting it.
If you get shortlisted or win
- Make sure you use the news for PR and tell your customers.
- Use the logo on your website and stationery.
- Share it on social media.
To view categories of the National Paralegal Awards and how you can enter click here or contact Carmen Nadolu, Head of Membership and Events by email at [email protected] or by phone on 020 3039 3710 if you have any questions.
The deadline for entries is Friday 26 May 2023 at 5pm. To download the entry pack, template and tips visit how to enter.